One great way to get more utility out of your backyard is to create an outdoor living space that will allow you to essentially extend your home to the outside. Depending on the amount of space you have and how much money you are willing to allocate to the project, there are plenty of ways for you to transform your outdoor spaces.
Here are a few outdoor living space ideas you might consider trying out at your home in San Marcos, CA:
- Outdoor living room: An outdoor living room is a versatile and comfortable option. Find comfortable outdoor patio furniture (think armchairs, sofas and plushy ottomans), end tables for drinks and snacks and a setup that encourages conversation. If you can include an outdoor fireplace or fire pit, that will make the space even more homey and comfortable!
- Entertainment areas: If you are a big sports fan or movie lover, you can purchase an outdoor television and put it at the center of your outdoor living space so you can host game day parties or movie nights. This is a particularly ideal option for people who have covered outdoor patios or decks.
- Outdoor bars: If you enjoy hosting outdoor gatherings at your home and also enjoy drinking a beverage or two in the company of friends, an outdoor bar could be a great choice for you. Design your outdoor living space around a bar, and work in an outdoor sink, a refrigerator, prep space for mixed drinks and bar stools to bring people around the bar.
- Outdoor kitchens and cooking stations: For the grill master, a full outdoor kitchen or grilling station can be a big hit. Outdoor kitchens can include built-in grills, smokers, refrigerators, cabinets and storage spaces for utensils, tools and dishes, and any other amenities you need to get the most out of your barbecues.
- Fireplaces: We briefly mentioned outdoor fireplaces when discussing ideas for creating an outdoor living room, but it’s worth going into more detail. You can develop stone or brick fireplaces away from your house and to create a focal point for gatherings and conversation. It can be a great spot to relax by yourself as well, with your favorite drink and a good book.
- Gazebos and garden nooks: If you have a large garden that you would like to enjoy, you can set up a gazebo or other small structure to place yourself right in the middle of it. This can make for a perfect reading spot, picnic area or quiet conversation spot with guests.
- Decks and patios: If you have an existing deck or patio, you might simply be able to find better ways of using your existing space rather than building entirely new spaces. Consider the furniture you have and think about some different ways of laying it out.
For more information about some outdoor living space ideas you might consider implementing at your property in San Marcos, CA, we encourage you to contact our remodeling contractors at Bespoke Remodelling. We’d be happy to provide you with more information about our services.